16.05.2009

Elantra diaries

So, I got a bigger car than expected and first of all drove back to Sebastians place to haul all my stuff inside, steal a pillow, a blanket, toilet paper and a guide book.

Day 01
Melbourne - Bairnsdale
Kilometers: 343
Time: 17:00 - 20:30
Coffeinated drinks: 3

After dark I looked for a place to sleep, preferably wiht ocan view, and that's what I came up with:







Day 02
Bairnsdale - Surf Beach, Bateman's Bay
Kilometers: 526
Time: 7:00 - 18:00
Gas: 68l
Coffeinated drinks: 4

Visited some National Parks, did a rainforest walk and stopped at Bega's famous cheese factory.






Day 03
Bateman's Bay - Diamond Beach
Kilometers: 768
Time: 7:30 - 20:00
Gas: 43l
Coffeinated drinks: 4

Long drive, lots of roadwork with 60km/h and 80km/h limits. Even if there's no roadwork it never exceeds 110km/h...


Day 04
Diamond Beach - Byron Bay
Kilometers: 525
Time: 11:30 - 22:30
Gas: 34l
Times key locked inside the car: 1
hitchhikers taken: 2
Coffeinated drinks: 4

Got and 3.5mm audio cable so I can plug in my Mp3 to the car stereo (I couldn't stand the 7 cds I burnt in Melbourne anymore.)
Locked my key inside the car. 95.65$, 90mins. Took 2 Canadian guys with me and we waited for 2.5hrs after a horrible head on collison.

That's it, heading for Brisbane now!

2 Kommentare:

Redwork hat gesagt…

ahhhaaha yeah.

Geile aktion. Ich hab mich stark an Norwegen bei dem Essensfoto erinnert gefühlt. Und wieder echt supertolle Fotos. ^^

Grüße aus DD,

Beowulf hat gesagt…

tjo ich hoff nur dass doch noch eine von euch Pappnasen nach L.A. fuer den grossen roadtrip kommt.