10.01.2009

Dalat to Hoi An

After more than 800km I made it to Hoi An.
I spent most of the time riding though. But since I've seen an awful lot of waterfalls, temples and remote villages I was happy enough to miss some.
Weather was sunny (but kinda cold and really windy almost storming) for the first couple of days and constant rain for the last two days. Even though the road from Kontum to Danang is pretty scenic, winding through the rain forest along the old Ho-Chi-Minh trail it would have been really magnificent if I hadn't drenched and freezing. But rain forest didn't get it's name for nothing.

Here are some pics I took from the highway/street/whatever.


Kids on a bridge


Victory Monument in Boun Ma Thuot City


church ruins I found along the way


landscape of Vietnam!


landscape of Vietnam!!


landscape of Vietnam!!!


Eventually I made it to Hoi An. A small town on the coast which is a huge tourist destination. The local government worked really well in preserving the traditional style and you have the atmosphere of being in Vietnam 80yrs ago. If there weren't so many tourists and tailor and souvenir shops.

central market


delicious food (pho bo!)


Japanese covered bridge - supposed to be one of the main sights. I was not impressed.


lantern shops


riverside


I'll be setting of to Hue tomorrow since I don't feel like exploring the ancient My Som ruins in the rain.

See you around and have fun!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

^^ "i was not impressed..."


sieht echt total schön aus, voll krasse landschaften und sicher is das in 3D nochmal ne nummer beeindruckender.

schau das dir der schnauzer nich abbricht und pass' auf dich auf !

grüße [bei immer noch -8°C] aus DD

[btw.: hab n Sigma 24mm / 2,8 für 50€ bekommen:)]