24.01.2009

Hanoi to Nanning

I made it to China! I sold my scooter to the guys from my hotel, got a visa (65$) and a train ticket (30$) and did it!

Hanoi is a nice place. You have loads of temples and pagodas, dozens of Ho-Chi-Minh-museums, etc. - and the beer corner! A junction with a 'bar' on every corner selling a glass of bia hoi for 3000d (0,12Euro). You meet lots of people there and later head on to the proper bars which stay open longer, where you pay up to 25.000 for a bottled beer.

beer corner - you only see one in the center (I was sitting in the opposite one), the other two are further left and right



Ho-Chi-Minh's mausoleum (was closed so I didn't meet him)


One Pillar Pagoda


presidential palace



China:
- 18:30 Train station: passport and ticket control
- platform: passport and ticket control
- in the train: ticket control
- in your compartment: passport and ticket and visa control
- train is leaving.
- I finish War and Peace after an hour
- lights are turned off 15min later
- 0:30 immigration at the border:
- take your luggage, leave the train
- fill out forms and declarations
- passport and visa control
- platform: passport control
- 5:56 luggage control
- take your luggage, leave train
- passport and visa control
- x-ray luggage
- passport control
- back in the train: passport control
(he looked at me and my passport picture 15 times, I had to move my head, he asked his colleagues to come and wanted an additional proof of identity...)
- 10:45 Nanning!

easy, but I actually paid for a sleeper train and I didn't get much of sleep...

China so far seems nice but cold. I bought shoes and socks and the weather forecast for Beijing is -4C. And no one speaks English. Have to learn some basic Mandarin fast. There is so many McDonald's here, wherever you are you can see one. KFC as well.

daily problems in China

Keine Kommentare: