03.10.2008

A slight change of plans occured, involving me not going to Diu and staying a couple of days longer in Udaipurs Lake Shore Guest House.

After seeing Octopussy for the third time and having failed to leave two times already I was prepared to fight hard. Very hard.

Many people came and many people left. In the end I spent 14 days there before finally leaving with the Bus to Bundi. Or that's at least what I thought would happen.

Udaipur (like all the other places in India) is plagued by frequent power shortages. But it is only there I've seen electricians working...



Hotel staff in Jaisalmer (actually that's Lucky, the boss...)


Anyway, back to my last days in Udaipur.


After a few not so calm hours in the bus it finally wrecked at 3 in the morning. Some hours of hammer-smashing under the bus later we finally continued our journey. Due to not having had sleep in the night It was not until the early morning that I fell asleep. Upon arrival I noticed, that I was not in Bundi. Further I noticed that no one speaks English where I was. After a while I found out that I'm in Kota, a 700.000 people Moloch some 40km further and actually the final stop. The rickshaw wallah took me to an expensive hotel where the staff spoke english in the end. I booked a taxi to Bundi and had breakfast for 200Rp which was not bad since it included black tea and a newspaper. Anyway I had to pay 1500Rp for the taxi while the 13h bus ride from Udaipur to Bundi/Kota was 350Rp. Finally at noon I found myself at the doors of RN Haveli, a tiny little guest house run by a widow and her two daughters. It's Brhamin (no eggs, meat, booze) so I spend a lot of time at the Elephant Stable Haveli (which is indeed located inside the former elephant stable of the maharaja) for Kingfisher (beer), Omlette (including Cashwenuts, Pistachios, etc.) and other delights.

Bundi is a nice (blue) little (80.000) town with a palace and lots of waterfalls and temples around it.





I was hanging around with an older guy from England, a girl from the US and her two Indian friends, a couple from France and thei baby, two sisters from Australia/England, a guy from Strasbourg, a couple from Quebec-City. Additionally Mamaji and the daughters of the RN Haveli and Raj and JP from the Elephant Stable Haveli. Most of them only stayed for 1-2 days, so it's always changing. Just a few minutes ago, I met Fred, whom I knew from my final days in Udaipur and some girls who were travelling in the same direction. Gotta go for dinner with them later.

Me at the Bhimalt waterfall, taken with my cam and Renauds (Quebec City, Photojournaliste) 17-40mm F4.0.



Since I'm so awfully fond of the portraits I get with the 1.4 I'm gonna post some of them until I go for dinner. (Cooking at mamaji's is great!)

Almost all the people are really fond of taking pics (even in everyday situations) and want to see them on the display, especially the children.













JP and Renaud


Nikki from England/Australia








6 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Schön mal wieder was von dir zu hören!

Tjo, Busfahren kann anstrengend sein! :D

Also was ich seltsam fand, war die blaue Stadt. Ich hab letztens erst einen Film angeschaut: "The Fall" (relativ seltsamer Film, den ich net so recht verstanden hab :D) aber da sind die auch in so einer (oder genau dieser) blauen Stadt. Hab gedacht, das wär mit Computer gemacht, aber wenn ich das bei dir seh, dann kann das ja sogar echt sein...

Naja, ich wünsch dir viel Spaß (und schreib hier mal öfters rein!!!)

Grüße auch von der Mama

dein Jonas

Manu hat gesagt…

die portraits sind sowas von gut man!!!!

Beowulf hat gesagt…

merci, au wenn ich gern mit photoshop noch die eine oder andere kleinigkeit geaendert haette.
Nene, hier gibts Staedte in allen farben, Jaisalmer war mit gelbem Sandstein gebaut, Jaipur mit pinkem/rosanem, etc.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Die Bilder find sogar ich gut. Blog mal mehr wenns geht, deine Berichte sind megainteressant :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

das mädchen mit der gelborangenen Blume is echt voll hübsch... nette Bilder ^^

Renaud is glaub n geiler typ ^^

Beowulf hat gesagt…

Renaud is Photojournalist aus Quebec, mit seiner Freundin unterwegs, wollen hier mit Veranstaltungen Geld sammeln und so armen Kinder die Schule ermoeglichen. Ja die ganzen Kinder sehen hier ganz anders aus als die Erwachsenen.